This is skilled work in the field of Dentistry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of dental office and procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize time and materials.
- Ability to effectively work with Dentists, colleagues, patients and the public.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability and desire to work as a team member.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during the workday.
- Ability to travel without assistance and as needed.
- Skill in understanding of, and sensitivity to, persons of all cultural, social, educational and economic backgrounds.
Graduation from an accredited high school or G.E.D. certificate; experience in a dental office practice or an equivalent setting; demonstrated ability to perform position duties; State of Mississippi radiograph permit.
- Performs radiographs appropriately according to the State Board of Dental Examiners; develops radiographs.
- Sterilizes dental instruments adequately and follows proper infection control protocols.
- Sets up dental trays appropriately.
- Assists in preventative dentistry by promoting oral hygiene to patients.
- Accurately charts on the CFHC Dental Chart.
- Performs any reversible situation under the direct supervision of the Dentist.
- Assists the receptionist by making appointment and answering the phone; assists in calling patients to remind them of their scheduled appointments.
- Prophy teeth if required by the Dentist.
- Treats patients with respect and aids the patient concerning dental problems which do not require the skill and expertise of the Dentist.
- Accurately completes the health history on each new patient.
- Monitors the supply levels and prepares purchase requisitions as required.
- Maintains operative equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains sterile processes and documentation logs as specified within CFHC policies and Joint Commission requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Please submit resumes with position applying for on the subject line to [email protected]