Providing access to healthy foods and recommendations to keep you and your baby healthy
CFHC is dedicated to helping patients enroll in supplemental food programs such as WIC to support the nutritional needs of individuals and their families. When enrolled in the WIC program, monthly food vouchers are supplied based on your nutritional or medical needs so that you never have to let nutrition take a back due to financial barriers.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
1. Target population:
- Pregnant women – during pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after the birth or the end of pregnancy.
- Postpartum women – up to the infant’s 5th week of life, or if
- breastfeeding, up to the infant’s 11th month of life.
- Infants – up to the infant’s 11th month of life.
- Children – up to the child’s 5th birthday.
- Applicants must live in Mississippi.
- Applicants must have income at or below 185% of Federal Poverty Level
4. Nutrition risk
- Applicants must be individually determined to be at “nutrition risk” by a health professional.
Learn more at http://www.msdh.state.ms.us/msdhsite/_static/41,0,128.html
- Monthly food vouchers
- Nutrition counseling
- Referrals for other health care services